The start

I have 3 kids. Two boys 7 and nearly 5 and a girl just turned 3. The boys and I were playing some football, Son 1 I will call him S was between two trees. This was our goal. Son 2 call him D had his little ball and was running at goal. I had the big ball and was kicking from distance. So far so good. Then I had to do a little running and I was struggling. I wasn't even running that much. But I was out of breath. My legs were weak. 

This is not what I wanted for me and my kids. They will only want more and I need to be able to keep up.

I wasn't always like this. I was very heavy. 17 stone. 238 pound. 108 kg. Then I lost over 50 pounds. I was working out 4 times a week. I was eating well. I was feeling good. Then I changed my job and I could not get the place I was working out in. It was this place in Dublin , that did kettlebell work outs. And I couldn't get back due to their times and my location. Then I started to fall into old habits. Chocolate. I looooove chocolate. Portion sizes. I eat a lot. Always have. Except when I lost the weight. The weight came back. I started to run. And I got to the verge of 10k. Not bad. But then I hurt my back and stopped. 

The weight kept creping up. And then my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Eating well did not seem too important. Then my mother in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer. So eating well and working out was not important. And so it stayed.

Then my wife lost weight. And looked fantastic. Then I played soccer with my 7 year old and was out of breath after 2 min of running. 

So starting now, at 15 stone 9, 219 pounds I want to get into shape. I will blog about my day and hope to be able address my bad habits, and will blog about what exercise I have done and how it feels. 

If someone comes across this maybe you can give me some advise and we will see how we go.

D

Comments

Popular Posts